Submissions to the 17th annual International Queer Women of Color Film Festival are now OPEN.
DEADLINE: 5PM, Monday, January 18, 2021 to be RECEIVED in the QWOCMAP office.
SUBMISSION LINK: https://bit.ly/QWOCFFsubmit2021
QWOCMAP invites films to our 17th annual International Queer Women of Color Film Festival, which will be held online, June 11-13, 2021.
The Queer Women of Color Film Festival seeks films of any genre, subject matter, and length, that are made by queer women of color (cisgender and transgender), and nonbinary, gender non-conforming, and transgender people of color (of any orientation). This includes, African Descent/Black; Asian; Chicanx/Latinx; First Nations/Native American/American Indian/Indigenous; Native Hawaiian & Pacific Islander; Southwest Asian, North African/Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, South Asian (SWANA/AMEMSA); and Mixed-Race people of color from anywhere in the world.
1) Films must be MADE BY a queer woman of color (cisgender or transgender), or a nonbinary, gender non-conforming, or transgender person of color (of any orientation).
2) Year of completion MUST be between 2018 and 2021.
3) Films may be of any length (shorts & features).
4) Films may be of any genre (narrative, documentary, experimental, mixed).
5) Films may be submitted online or by mail.
6) If films are accepted to screen, a high-resolution HD movie file with OPEN CAPTIONS (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing) is REQUIRED for the final exhibition copy.
7) Film submissions must include 3 stills and descriptive information about the subjects/actors depicted, to be used for image descriptions for people who are Blind and Low Vision.