This includes, African Descent/Black/AfroLatinX; Asian Pacific Islander; ChicanX/LatinX; Two-Spirit First Nations/Native American/American Indian/Indigenous (FNAI); Southwest Asian, North African/Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, South Asian (SWANA/AMEMSA); and Mixed-Race, people who are Lesbian, Gender Nonconforming/Gender variant, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirit, Same Gender Loving, Queer, and Demi-sexual and Asexual (and homoaffectionate).
2) Year of completion must be between 2014 and 2017.
3) Films of any length (shorts & features) are accepted.
4) Films of any genre (narrative, documentary, experimental, mixed) are accepted.
5) Complete the Festival Entry Form below.
6) Mail submissions– Submit a DVD (Region 1) preview copy of your film/video. These items will be archived and will not be returned. – Include a CD with three high-resolution stills (300 dpi) and promotional materials
7) Online submissions– Submit a link and password to preview your film (vimeo, youtube, etc.).– Email stills and promotional materials.
8) Once a film has been accepted into the Queer Women of Color Film Festival, we will require a high resolution HD .mov file for exhibition.
9) Our entire Queer Women of Color Film Festival is accessible to the Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing community. Once a film is accepted, the final exhibition copy must be subtitled or open captioned.
Submissions online:Please fill out this form with your link and password. Email 3 stills (300 dpi), Press Kit and any other promotional materials to email@example.com
MAIL:2017 Queer Women of Color Film FestivalQWOCMAP59 Cook StreetSan Francisco, CA 94118USA
All items to arrive at our office by Friday, January 13, 2017
2) There is no submission or entry fee. Just fill out the form, send a DVD or link of your film, and high-resolution stills.
3) The Queer Women of Color Film Festival is produced, presented and organized by FILMMAKERS. We respect your work and we know what it’s like to move a mountain with a teaspoon to get your film made.
4) As a community-based, immigrant-founded, artist-run organization, we celebrate the transformative power of your art, from the filmmaking process, to screenings, to dialogue.
5) Our free Film Festival sparks empowerment, engagement and excitement in our community. It has a club vibe but everyone is there to watch films and talk about social justice. That’s just sexy!
6) Hundreds of volunteers, volunteer Team leaders and Community Partners work hard to make our FREE Film Festival possible.
7) Our Film Festival links film to artists, activists, academics and audiences. It’s vital to our lives to see your vision and hear your voice.
8) We want you to be a part of a community that shows its love for film and social justice, queer, trans, intesexual, Black, Indigenous and other people of color (QTIBIPOC). This is one of the few film festivals where the films look like the audience and where the audience looks like you!
We look forward to receiving your film!
If you are submitting via mail, please print this form and THEN hit the submit button below.
Start typing and press Enter to search